What I Learned By Embracing French Guy Style

 

Have you ever followed fashion? The kind where you look at your overflowing wardrobe and all your clothes don’t evoke any sense of cheerfulness? That’s me for the past few weeks. Feeling bored with my particular clothes (recently, I’ve been really prominent in the 1970s), I wanted to change up my style and try something new for spring. Because if anything can revive my love of dress, it’s a fashion challenge.

Image may contain Clothing Apparel Pants Footwear Shoe Human Person Denim Jeans Sleeve and Sbastien Tellier
When thinking about what my current wardrobe lacks, one word immediately comes to mind: Minimalism. Do I have to rotate a lot of large print shirts? Check! But for spring, I was intrigued by the idea of ​​shredding things back and switching to a more chic look. Same vibe as The Row, but since I’m not Olsen’s twin, I needed a more realistic style inspiration. A quick brainstorm later, I had an a-ha! Moment: Who does minimalism better than the French?

Image may contain Tina Kunakey Clothing Apparel Human Person Footwear Shoe Sleeve Sunglasses and Accessories

French men have more of an easygoing vibe than my current wardrobe. Their clothes are very delicate and make you pay attention to the smaller details. Luckily, there are plenty of stylish French men who are totally starting this idea right now who I can turn to for guidance on my fashion challenge. Below, I’ve reimagined four notable pieces of clothing from stylish Frenchmen like Sébastien Tellier, Stéphane Bak, Vincent Cassel and Eddy de Pretto. What have I learned from studying their particular style? Just find out below.

Image may contain Clothing Apparel Human Person Sunglasses Accessories and Accessory

Whenever I wear a looser blazer (like this ruched, halter top style by native artist Justine Woods), I tend to wear it with black slacks and business shoes. It is obvious! As Sébastien Tellier showed, you can also wear a light blue evening coat with light blue jeans and a cap, and it still look completely polished. I can picture myself wearing this to Sunday brunch, or even to the office. It works easily without too much effort.

Image may contain Clothing Apparel Pants Denim Jeans Shoe Footwear Human Person and Sleeve

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

How to Apply Blush for a Natural, Face-Lifting Flush

Apparelaholic - Trans people will always exist shirt

Tyra Banks On Ice Cream, Underwear, and Joining Skims’ Supermodel Reunion